Q4 China Roundup: The Phase One Trade Deal, MSCI’s Next A-Share Inclusion and Expectations for Growth in China
Wednesday, November 20, 2019
9:00am – 10:00am est
Please register below to attend this event
Kevin Liu, Executive Director and Strategist of CICC Research and Brendan Ahern, Chief Investment Officer of KraneShares will provide their outlook for China's economy and capital markets for the remainder of 2019.
- China Q3 GDP further weakened, but September data improved sequentially, thanks to the marginally stepping-up counter-cyclical policy efforts (both monetary and fiscal). What can we expect for growth and policy in 4Q?
- Should we worry about the combination of lower growth but higher inflation in China? How long will the abnormally high food CPI due to the surging hog price last? How might it affect the monetary policy and stock market?
- What can we expect from the "so-called" phase one trade deal, from China, policy and market sentiments, RMB?
- Where are we now in terms of market-style rotation, growth vs. value? What is the main driver of the recent outperformance of banks in the A-share market?
- MSCI is about to further lift its inclusion ratio of A-shares and start to include mid-caps in November. What can we expect in terms of flows?
About the Speakers
Kevin Liu joined China International Capital Corporation (CICC) in 2011 and currently holds the title of Executive Director as a Strategist in the Research Department. From a top-down strategy approach by incorporating macro (growth and policy) and micro variables (corporate earnings and valuations etc.), his main responsibility is to provide investors with investment strategies, as well as cross-market/asset/sector allocation recommendations. His focuses include Chinese equities (i.e. H-shares and US ADRs), as well as general global markets (such as US, EU and Japan, and major emerging markets).Mr. Liu ranked the second in Portfolio Strategy of the 2017 II All-China and Mainland China Best Analysts Ranking. Prior to CICC, Mr. Liu worked as a Quantitative Strategist with UBS Hong Kong. He obtained his master degrees from both Cornell University and Tsinghua University.
Brendan Ahern joined KraneShares in June 2012 to head the firm’s efforts in becoming the leading provider of China-focused exchange traded funds (ETFs) and Chinese investment education for US clients. Since early 2001, Brendan worked for one the largest global ETF providers where he was an original member of the business development team. His “from the ground up” experience at a global ETF provider allowed him to become intimately acquainted with all aspects of the business. His expertise spans product development, marketing, branding, business strategy, operations, portfolio management, trading, and client execution.
The KraneShares ETFs are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Company (SIDCO), 1 Freedom Valley Drive, Oaks, PA 19456, which is not affiliated with Krane Funds Advisors, LLC, the Investment Adviser for the Fund. Additional information about SIDCO is available on FINRA’s BrokerCheck. r_ks_sei