KESG seeks to track the MSCI China ESG Leaders 10/40 Index. The MSCI China ESG Leaders 10/40 Index aims to provide exposure to companies with high Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) ratings relative to their sector peers. The MSCI China ESG Leaders 10/40 Index consists of large and mid-cap companies in China. In order to ensure diversification, the Index is designed to limit individual constituent weights to 10% and sector weights to 40% of its composition.
China’s ESG Highlights:
- Chinese domestic investors and issuers are moving fast to incorporate ESG considerations in their decision making, driven by strong regulatory initiatives to promote ESG practices and disclosures.
- China’s commitment to stricter environmental mandates and conservation efforts is necessary to achieve national goals of sustained economic growth. Consequently, China now is the world leader in total renewable energy capacity, at approximately 31% of total global capacity1.
- China’s economic and technological transformation drives demand for a more educated workforce. In recent years, many Chinese companies in knowledge-intensive sectors have improved their talent programs, which has in turn upgraded their MSCI ESG Rating.
- Greater inclusion of China’s capital markets internationally creates more of an incentive to align shareholder rights and governance policies with global standards, paving the way for Chinese companies to develop a more diversified shareholder structure.
- MSCI China ESG Leaders 10/40 Index inclusion criteria has a track record of effectively identifying growth companies within China’s new economy.
- As companies with high ESG scores have proven to consistently outperform their peers in China, investors do not necessarily have to compromise returns for investing based on beliefs.
- Benchmarked to an MSCI ESG Index: MSCI is the #1 index provider for ESG, Socially Responsible Investment (SRI), and Corporate governance indexes according to a 2018 survey of 1,300 participants conducted by SRI Connect and Extel.
1. REN21’s Renewables 2019 Global Status Report (GSR)
Data as of 02/25/2020
|Net Asset Value||$25.83 |
Cumulative %Data as of: 01/31/2020
Cumulative % Data as of quarter end: 12/31/2019
The performance data quoted represents past performance. Past performance does not guarantee future results. The investment return and principal value of an investment will fluctuate so that an investor's shares, when sold or redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost and current performance may be lower or higher than the performance quoted.
Top 10 Holdings
Data as of 02/25/2020
Full Holdings .CSV
|Rank||Company Name||% of Net Assets||Ticker||Shares Held||Market Value($)|
TENCENT HOLDINGS LTD
CHINA CONSTRUCTION BANK-H
CHINA MERCHANTS BANK-H
MEITUAN DIANPING-CLASS B
CHINA MENGNIU DAIRY CO
Holdings are subject to change.